Monday 21 February 2011

Catch of the day!

It was Family Day long weekend here this weekend.  A holiday that the province of Alberta started celebrating in 1990.  Apparently, it was made up to celebrate the pioneering ways of our ancestors and pay homage to home and family values.   In truth, I think they give us an extra day off to save our sanity.  Finally it is beginning to warm up, the days are getting longer and we can start looking forward to summer.  It was a balmy -1C today (30F ish), I almost dug my flip flops out of the closet....but not quite.

My sister came into town and my family went out to the lake this weekend.  I stayed in the city because of prior obligations and got to put in a good few hours at the tables.  It was nice to have a weekend to myself to further solidify my goals and plans for 2011.

Sunday afternoon, I got a photo text from my brother with a caption that said "Can you see what's down there?", this was the picture:




Can you make it out?

Well apparently, they were ice fishing and my sister put her camera on a chair while they set up the hut and along came the wind and tipped over the chair....and the Nikon (a few months old) went for a swim.  My sister seems to "run bad", the strangest things disappear or break around her, but thankfully she can laugh about it because at the end of the day it is just stuff.  The good news is, my brother fished out the camera (nice catch) and the memory card still works and now Nikon is sitting in a bag of rice, hopefully drying out.  If it doesn't work out...beware her kijiji ad "DSLR Nikon 3100 for sale! Only a few months old and recently washed, offers accepted!"

They didn't end up catching any fish this weekend, neither did I sadly.  After playing well on Friday and not quite getting my desired result, I sloppily got myself hooked on some others lines.  I was clearly the big fish at the table.

Maybe it's a good thing that I am back to work tomorrow...only have three days there this week and a course on Thursday, should be exciting!

Edit: February 28, 2011 - the camera appears to be working....in some capacity....there's hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment