Saturday 19 February 2011

Namaste...

I love yoga.

I am not very good at yoga. 

I am getting better at yoga. 

Today was my best yoga practice in a long time.  I needed it.  I had a deep run in the FTOPS #39 yesterday, finished 16th out of over 800 players.  Got home from work, quickly downloaded the software, and bought a tournament ticket from my player points as I didn't feel like making a deposit.  I played as best I could, upon reflection there were a couple spots that I can identify where I probably should have restacked my chips and not made the 'crying' call.  I battled back from having 0.5 big blinds when there were 50 players left.  I wanted to win, I wanted the $37k instead of the $800 I got.  It seems to me that their payouts were really steep, first place was almost double second place.  I was left with a really sour taste, when I woke up this morning it was still there.   

So I bundled up and went to yoga.  I set my intention, breathed and flowed.  I feel better.  As it turns out, there was a couple that I used to play poker with in the class (probably ten people total in the class), and afterwards we stared at each other trying to figure out where we knew each other from...the husband figured it out even though it had been 5 or 6 years since we had seen each other. 

Yoga is experiencing a poker-esque boom (circa 2005), I see so many people of all shapes, sizes, elasticities, backgrounds carrying their yoga mats.  That makes me smile.  Everybody should try yoga, it will blow your mind if you let it.  I credit yoga for improving my poker game, my overall attitude changes and my willingness to accept change as it comes.  If you meet me in Las Vegas (or wherever), let's go to a class...my treat. 

Here's how powerful and exceptional you can become with yoga...this video captivates me.  I need a lot more practice.  :)  Namaste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment